|The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman|
I'm a huge fan of historical fiction. This story is about four fiercely strong women who face the anguish and hardship while living in Masada after being driven out of Jerusalem by the Romans. Alice Hoffman masterfully paints the characters so that they truly come to life. I've got about a quarter of the book left and I'm anxious to see how the rest of the story unfolds.
|The Empress of Fashion by Amanda Mackenzie Stuart|
|The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls|
Not much to say except that if this is anything like her other two books, I won't be sleeping very much until I'm done!
|Paris by Edward Rutherford|
Also worth noting are some of the books I enjoyed this year. Here's a list with the links. Happy Reading!
1. Everything by Kate Morton. I started with The Forgotten Garden and then quickly read all her other books after that.
2. The Light Between the Oceans by M.L. Stedman
3. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Houseni
4. Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg
5. The Storyteller by Jodi Piccoult
6. The Inferno by Dan Brown
7. Firebird and Rose Garden by Suanna Kearsley
8. And books that I loved but I'm annoyed they have become or are becoming movies, The Book Thief and Unbroken.