9.17.2012

J's Picks for Fall :: the Shearling Jacket

Helmut Lang
I almost hit the floor when I saw this jacket. I think when living in a pedestrian city, your winter coat should be a wise and well thought investment. It's really the only thing that people will see while out and about in the cold months. For me, the coat has to be streamlined and not bulky. Having said that, it's not always easy to find something fashionable and warm...until I tried this jacket. The leather has an amazing patina to it- immediate coolness factor!  It's also tailored just right so I don't look like an Eskimo but warm enough that I know I won't be freezing when the temps really start to dip.  Now, I don't expect this to be my everyday coat. When I'm in full on mom mode, I've got a fur lined parka and when I'm working, I use my classic Searle shearling. This will be my go to piece for when I'm going on a date night, having drinks with the girls, or when I've got that elusive moment when I can leisurely roam around the city and just want to look fabulous! If this shearling isn't for you, here's a few more options. xxj

Vince
MICHAEL Michael Kors 
Rebecca Minkoff

No comments:

Post a Comment